Friday, September 15, 2006

A historic day at the Co-op

The other day at the co-op I was stocking aisle 6. It was chill enough, if not exactly exciting. Then Lupe was like "I've got something more important for you to do." New shopping carts were arriving. The little, functional kind, that the co-op initially ordered only 12 of as a trial. Now we were getting more. A lot more. First I was told to take 10 of the old big carts and take them upstairs in the elevator and to dump them in the meeting room (what has happened to them since? I do not know). People gave me that "what the heck are you doing?" look.

Then I joined someone else out on the curb, where the new carts had been delivered, in big stacks, protected thoroughly in plastic. We had to de-mummify them. Passerby looked on curiously A photographer for the Gazette snapped pictures. "Be careful not to scratch them!" someone said -- we had to use blades to pull some of the tape off -- and we were. One by one, the carts emerged from their sheaths. Now you can go to the co-op and use them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home