Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Awkward!

An email, from an airline, telling me about how I can be green? Really?

Here's what the email from Jet Blue said today:
No matter what your stance is on today's environmental issues, there's no question that a cleaner, greener planet is good for all of us. Just by making small changes in your daily habits, you can help make the world a greener place!

Start by pledging to do One Thing That's Green. It's our way of honoring Earth Day today, April 22, and taking steps together to make a difference. Our goal is to inspire 22,000 people to pledge—help us get there by making the promise and passing it on!

I clicked on the link and it took me to this page, where it gives you five specific options of things you can pledge you'll do to be green:
I will reduce my shower time.
I will combine trips to use less gas or use public transit.
I will replace standard light bulbs with energy efficient ones.
I will wash my clothes in cold water as much as possible.
I will adjust my thermostat by 2 degrees F cooler during the heating season, and 2 degrees F warmer during the cooling season.

Not among the options: I will take fewer airplane trips.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. That's some amazing greenwashing. Hopefully not too many people will fall for it.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Devon said...

that's hilarious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home