Monday, April 25, 2011

The Paul Krugman profile

From NY Magazine, by Ben Wallace-Wells.
When I first tried to reach Joseph Stiglitz, he was in Mauritius, meeting with a head of state; when I first contacted Jeffrey Sachs, he was traveling through Senegal; and when I first called Krugman, he was schlepping home on New Jersey Transit.
Much of the piece seemed awfully harsh to me, but I did think it was very interesting.

Update: Ok, after thinking about it a bit more, I'm liking the article less. I think it's interesting but the parts that it gets wrong seem pretty major. The White House meeting story -- somehow this is supposed to help the thesis that Krugman is solitary. Yet 5 out of 6 of the economists at the meeting -- including Krugman -- were arguing the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home