Wednesday, July 20, 2011

TBM? TMB? MTB?

I don't know where the term "TBM" first came from, but as far as I know it's Cosi that popularized it (tomato, basil, mozzarella).

My question is, if you're doing it straight up (no sandwich), what should the order be?

A search on Google Images brings mixed results. In a lot of cases, it's presented as a plate with a full ring of TBM, so it's not clear which one is the 'bottom' and which the 'middle' and the 'top,' because it goes full circle.


But of the photos that just have individual stacks, it seems like it's popular to have tomato on the bottom, then mozzarella, then basil.

That's what I went with today (also: salt, pepper, EVOO) --


But I'm interested to hear if anyone has arguments in favor of other arrangements.

Addendum: TBM, of course, also means tunnel boring machine.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger amanda said...

MTB is Mountain Bike.

I call those Caprese salads, so I dunno what the order is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home