Thursday, June 30, 2005

oh my

So, I was looking at Facebook groups at Princeton University (don't ask) and noticed that there was one called "Gay? Fine by me". Apparently it's the official group for the "Pride Alliance Allies" at Princeton. I thought this was some stupid Princeton thing. But no, the "Gay? Fine by me" slogan is actually pretty darn widespread, and has been around for at least a couple years. Maybe this is old news to some of you, but my mind was boggled. Fine By Me is an actual nonprofit, with various chapters; their main campaign is getting people to wear "Gay? Fine By Me" t-shirts.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger  said...

In 2003 I had first heard about the "Gay Fine By Me t-shirts" orignally created by some college students at a school in (North Carolina? or South Carolina? Don't hold me to that)...anyway they did it one year and it was so big by the second year they started marrketing them to other Universities to be used for "Day of Silence" for the Straight allies...and when I worked for the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force (The Task Force) in D.C. a lot of the "straight" people on staff were wearing it....

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, apparetly it started at Duke.

Hmm, perhaps it would be funny if someone made a "straight? fine by me" t-shirt in response.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home