- It's not a "surge". Perhaps it's an "escalation". Even Frederick Kagan -- one of the guys whose idea this all is -- says it's not a surge. That's because a 'surge' would be 2-3 months, where as what they're talking about here is much longer.
- On TPMCafe, Vali Nasr says that the Bush plan is to try to militarily defeat Sadr -- and that that is a terrible idea.
- In the Gallup poll from a few days ago, 15% call for an immediate withdrawl of all troops while 39% call for full withdrawl "by Jan 2008". Add that together and that's 54%. Strange, you don't hear much "but a majority of Americans support withdrawing all troops within a year" in the US media.