Monday, May 04, 2009

Are there any computers available at PAC Lab right now?

Yes. In fact there are apparently 5 available at the moment I'm writing this. Or at least that's what it says on the ITS website, which these days has a live status update on each of the labs (ST has 4 and Keck has 13, in case you were wondering).

Of course, you do have to be at a computer (or at least a mobile device that can browse the web) to be able to find out where a computer is available, which is a bit circular. But this feature would have been useful, say, if you were at one of the stand-up computers in Olin and wondering which direction was the best bet.

Of course, what would have been even more useful is if somehow that website told you which lab the cool kids were hanging out at.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Bad Decision Maker said...

pssh. you didn't mention HAS lab. which is obviously where all the cool kids are (aka me, Joanna, and my science friends) in the middle of the night during finals.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger KPd. said...

Obviously the cool kids were throwing carrots at each other in PAC LAB! =D
You could find this out by reading my "away message". (Holy crap! Remember those?) Once upon a time, I left away messages detailing all of my likely locations so people could find me because I had no cell phone and neither did many other students. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home