Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Filling your refrigerator with shoes

This is a clever little piece in the NY Post, and it makes me sad.

I understand that some NYC apartments are tiny, and that some people can afford to enjoy the city's wonderful takeout selection every night. And I understand that many people are far busier than I am. But the whole notion of just "not having time" for cooking anymore -- it strikes me as not only sad but also questionable. I mean, couldn't they have used the time they spent buying a pair of shoes to cook a meal?

As my housemate just put it to me, "How do they think the fridge feels?"

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger mjr said...

Much more common: using your oven to store seldom-used dishes in a kitchen without enough cabinets even for its residents.
Warning: if you store plastic take-out containers in your oven, a visitor is guaranteed to melt them without knowing it. "What's that smell?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home